Monday, April 10

DAY 3 of 16: hot dang!

HOT. im starting to think being at work is better than this... at least its cooler in the office.

had major changes in plans today. had everything ironed out pa naman. but because i love mike, and i owe him a lot for not going to his gigs, i rearranged my life. ill be seeing mic, mike and hopefully karlo tonight... im excited. i havent been able to bug them much for quit some time. yay!!!!

ill blog about it late or tomorrow... wait for my updates! for now, im off to resume my position in front of my fan. dang its HOT!

------------

meeting up with mic and mike tonight. im happy. i havent seen them for a while. and to be honest i miss them. i know its also my fault we dont get to see each other much, but its really hard for me to move around kasi i commute home here to the south. since im on leave, i willingly re-arranged my life to see mic and mike. sayang karlo, wala ka ulit. mike may think my skipping gym and postponing my personal errands are small things, but it really was an effort. im taking time to fix some fundamentals in my life... and this is something i should have done long ago. i even wrote everything i have planned on my planner. kadiri no? but my point is, i love these guys enough to ditch everything, commute all the way to ortigas (heavy gym bag and all.. in my outfit)... just to spend a few hours with them.

incidentally, while deciding on what to do with my hair, i got a picture of me na ang payat ko... gusto ko ganyan ako ka-payat. i got my upper body only and honestly, i dont think any magic angle can make my hips and legs look this thin. hahaha. i want to be THIS THIN... (but my head looks kinda big in the photo no?)



ive never really been a music person... or any 'person' for that matter. i was telling mel nga nung sunday na napa-isip ako what conversational interests i have... im interested in many things in small ways. and i realized im not interested as in hardcore interested in anything worth talking about. im not that into music, not that into food or gadgets, or movies, or books, or what-have-not. i guess the closest i can get would be dance... but thats mostly cheerdance.. which isnt too popular here either. haha. im not depressed about it or anything. i just think now that i might need to exert effort to know things to find my interest. read books, watch movies, listen to music, surf the net... there must be more to me thatn just pinoy showbiz. :p

but i digress from my kwento... what was i saying... AH! im not that into music...

brief background... mic. mike and karlo were in a band together back in college. and i was their loyal friend who would not miss any of their performances. haha. wat very little i know about non-baduy and more sofisticated/tasteful/intelligent music, i learned from them. i earned to love the beatles because of them (before that, the beatles were just and old band to me.. well, yeah, i was familiar with their songs, but not to the point that i work fast when i listen to them) ... basta.. they were my musically inclined (and movie loving) friends. and i loved learning these things from them.

too bad i dont get to hear these guys play anymore... sige na mike, tugtog kayo ulit sa bday ko... for old times sake... pleeeeease? mic, kanta na ka ulit... for me? pleeeease? im giving you 8 months to say yes. :p

sabi ko brief background lang e! so we met up to hear ledh (gosh, not sure about the spelling of her name) perform. and to sum up my evening, grabe. the night went from ear breaking loud rock (nagkahilaan lang ata ang front act), to jazzy, to r&b na acid jazz (according to mike and mic, i honestly have no idea how to classify these things), to hiphop, to electronic trance music. haha. what a night... crash course ba sa music? but anyway, ledh and pjaz were good.. and chili tees (not sure about the spelling again) were good too... of course as you know, im no expert. but i enjoyed listening to them.

so that sums up my gimik night with the fab 4 (well, 3 lang kami)

mike! ill be waiting for your email before i upload our photos here... para naman your guwapo face can grace my blog. :) naks, is this the time to say crush din kita nung college?! but only for a week though. ah yeah! i told you na nga pala... hehehe. so quits na tayo. crush mo ako in just one photo, and ikaw crush ko for a week. yebah!

4 comments:

ruth said...

funny i was gonna post something about the vintage beatles shirt I just bought a couple hours ago.

you're one of the few people i know who's not into music. i remember you were surprised when i told you Bamboo used to be Rivermaya's frontman. :D haha, you surprised me too!

angel said...

malay ko ba?! hahaha. ang naive ko talaga when it comes to some things... :p but id liketo think thats all part of what makes me so adorably charming! hahaha.

late lang ako when it comes to music... im not the kind of person who would know the next big thing. :p how boring no?!

but hey, at least i dont go pretending i know stuff that i really dont!

ruth said...

hahaha. :P

angel, you are a treat. you really are :)

angel said...

dont you just love it?! hahaha. (feeling like a dumb blonde... :P)