Tuesday, January 3

papa's 61st and other stuff

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!

my dad turns 61 today. lately i havent been getting along with him.. too many frustrations... but that wont stop me from wishing he has a special day today.

-----------------------

im amused and a little amazed at my diversion tactics that im starting to observe. haha. things i consciously or unconsiously do when there's something bothering me.

TACTIC 1: Vagueness
actually mel was the one who pointed this out to me. when im undecided it i want to say something, and dont know how to say it, i become irritatingly vague. haha. come to think of it, i probably do this in the hope that the other person will 'get' what i want to say and be the one to initiate the discussion. hah! what a coward i am. OR i do this just to get rid of the itching feeling of wanting to say something, so i 'say something' without actually saying what i want to say!

TACTIC 2: Be Extra Talkative
ooooh... this is a good one. i pretend im okay and happy and all rainbows to cover up for whatever anxieties you have. i use this one if i dont want to give in to the nagging or sinking feeling that eventually triggers bad mood swings. i 'trick' myself into forgetting about it... one word: repression.

TACTIC 3: Be Quiet
i do this when i want to be unnoticed.. to just disappear... loner moments. para hindi na ako matanong, i just keep quiet so i dont risk saying anything that will force me to talk about it. usually people leave me alone naman when im quiet. :)

TACTIC 4: Be a B*tch
Much like staying quiet, but more on being masungit so people will leave me alone. Usually i do this pag naiinis na ako kasi hindi mawala-wala 'concerns' ko... haha. i get short tempered and i get b*tchy.

nakakatuwa na napapansin ko na my 'coping strategies'. wala na ba talaga ako magawa sa buhay ko at pati sarili ko sina-psycho analyze ko na?! hehe.

im working on acquiring a new tactic: LET GO. this will probably be the simplest, most logical but hardest since i have the tendency to get 'passionate' and 'caught up' with my concerns. :p more things to work on for 2006.

No comments: