Thursday, May 17

end of an era

we all have fond memories of things, people, and places we grew up with. and last night marked the end of one of my fond highschool memories.

my cousin ana, whom i grew close to through the years, used to be the road manager for the wiseguys (not sure if anyone would be familiar with them). and around second year highschool, she started bringing me to their gigs... and mommy would only allow me to go out if i was with ana. so my gimik life literally was dependent on their gigs. i looked forward to fridays and saturdays when i get to watch them (usually at strumms, chatter box galle, and 8th day) and was sure to have much fun. kaya siguro maaga din ako na-expose sa mga green jokes ng all boy group. hahaha. come to think of it, grad ball date ko was a close friend of one of them. and right after the awarding (as in i didnt join the dancing dancing part), we headed straight to blue lizard along pasay road for their gig. they were part of the secret life i led. hahaha. mom had no idea id drink, and my schoolmates had no idea that the simple little me then had such a night life.

i carried over this habit onto college but i kinda stopped going around senior year (fiddler's green na kasi pinapanuod ko. hehehe) until when i started working.

but i digress... about last night. last night was precisely that... their last night. ana YM-ed me telling me they were disbanding... nakaka-sad. while we were there, i cant help but feel sentimental... my huge HS crush on Jam (na ngayon siguro minor crush na lang... he's still my favorite) how they'd tease me about my hips and ass (well, everyone does, and they still do), etc.

well, thats the end of it. i tried to take in allt he sights and sounds of last night... to add to the memories... memories that started nung nagdadalaga pa lang ako (yuck, ang baduy pakinggan).

ps. its funny they still see me as 'nene'... and even funnier they all say "angel, dalaga ka na..." to which im so tempted to say, "um, kasi 25 years old na ako... lampas na ako sa dlaaga stage." hahaha. unless they're referring to dalaga as in single woman. hahaha.

No comments: