Friday, May 19

random and ironic

Weird things have been happening… some funny, some not so…

Quick list:


1. New Zealand - I've totally forgotten that mom mentioned about a nephew of one of her kumare's being here for vacation. They were supposed to introduce me to him so he can have pinoy friends his age and in case he comes back he has people to take him around. So today, while i was in the middle of being shocked by the chaos that was unraveling before me, i got this really odd text message from my mom that equaled a punch line in one of those toilet humor pinoy comedy movies. Here’s her text: "Tere, kelan ba nandyan si angel, kasi aalis na si Cris sa sunday. pwede ba mag-meet sila, kasama tayo, then alis kahit merienda or tonight. Ikaw bahala. Meet lang naman. --- Angel, text from tita Cecille. Guy from New Zealand. Pwede ka tomorrow merienda kasi eviction night tom." there are sooo many things that make me laugh about that text. One, sasama pa talaga sila ni tita cecille... CHAPERONE?!?! Two, my mom has so much concern for missing the PBB teen edition eviction night, more than if she thinks ill be comfortable with this whole shenanigan. Three, the whole thing is funny... it just is.

So when my mom called, I wasn’t really listening to what she was saying… so I could go back to work, I just said yes to get it over and done with. So that’s that. Tomorrow, I will gain a new friend.


2. Contact lens – im due for an eye check up soon. My vision is blurry from all the computer work I've been doing so I've been wearing my glasses. I got a message from my client that was so out of this world; I had to read it over several times to be sure. Something about she noticed I was wearing glasses and that they (she and her husband who happens to be the mktg head) had extra contact lenses at home because their grade kept going up… she was thinking they could be of use to me. WHAT THE… where did that come from? Gosh. Possibly THE weirdest message I’ve gotten in my life.

3. Ad agency caller – for some (also) unknown reason, I’ve been getting calls from people who say that they were referred to call me by the company I service about things that I have no knowledge of. Funniest one I’ve had was from this girl (totally regret not writing down her company name) asking for the details of the marketing head of my client because they wanted to offer their services to them. I was thinking that they might be a promo agency or something like that so I asked to be sure. GOLLY. I was so not prepared for the answer I got. Apparently, she’s from a creative agency… exactly like the office I work for. It was so ironic that I couldn’t help but tell her that unless I wanted to lose my job, I don’t think I should give her any of the information she’s asking for because we’re the creative agency servicing the account. Out of this world!

4. Standard chartered – im on the hunt for this guy named MARK TAN… he’s an agent from standard chartered. If ever you get a call from him… please get his contact information for me. Im willing to pay for the info.

This guy dooped me into sending my ID to him to prove that he was able to contact me for the delivery of my gold card that is with him (he claimed that he’s from the releasing department). Since the card was ready and available, I agreed to have it delivered and intended to cancel it as soon as I got it. Shocking area. I got another message a few days age from standard chartered that ‘my application was denied’. RAGE. Never in my life would I apply for another card simply because im happy with the one I have right now and I already have an emergency one. Im still pretty enraged by this so I wont go through writing down the reasons why im angry. But I SWEAR ill write every damn executive in standard chartered and I WILL get his ass fired.

5. GraBe – some coincidences are freaky but I can’t help but smile about them either. With all the crap happening, these things are well appreciated. Some people have perfect timing. Its like they KNOW when they’re being talked about or thought of. Vagueness.

No comments: