Thursday, June 16

loser-ville

whats more olats:
1. watching a movie alone and then going home alone in the rain?


OR
2. going home in the rain even though you dont want to go home pa because you have nothing else to do anyways?

these are the answers got:
1. Shempre yung umuwi na walang nagawa! Ako i watch movies alone all the time, its liberating actually.
2. Huh?! Olats 2 watch a movi alone!

brief background... backtrack a bit first...
ive been wanting to watch a movie for some time now, and i set my eyes on mr & mrs smith. long story short, i havent been able to watch because i want to watch naman with someone (no particular person in mind). BUT, either napanuod na o busy mga niyayaya ko manuod.

okay back to the main kwento...
so today i VOWED to watch that movie... regardless kung may kasama ako or mag-isa... i had all the screening skeds in Greenbelt, Glorietta AND Powerplant (in case my sister can watch with me). so anyway, by end of the day, i had decided to push through wiith it. i was going to watch it alone. kung sakali, this will be the first time ill get to watch a movie alone (sa sinehan ha).

so my officemate was kind enough to drop me off sa glorietta so i can catch the 730 screening at glorietta 1 (thanks again maarj-ee!). we left the office around 7pm (nanuod pa kasi ako ng Qpids... date ni gabb and karel) and it was drizzling so medjo traffic. and on my way there i started having doubts about watching alone... sabi ko 'umuwi na lang kaya ako? ay, mas olats ata yun... umuulan pa naman.' thus the text message to some friends above and their responses.

i decided to go watch... catharsis... i figure i can have a good time on my own and it will be a good execise to do stuff on my own naman. so i got to the mall 730 na halos. i said 'okay lang to miss a few (maybe 10-15) minutes of the movie.. the point is im doing it alone. and i kno will enjoy myself naman. olats na kung olats. mas-olats naman kung wala pala ako pera'. i even planned out what munchies to buy! so i was walking to the ticket booth, i reach inside my bag and rumage though my stuff... GREAT... i left my wallet on my desk at the office... NOW THIS IS REALLY OLATS. i started laughing. i couldnt help it... i was laughing in the middle of glorietta 1! GANDA TALAGA! The perfect twist to my day.

so i called some friends to share my loser-ness. haha. sabi nga ni cy: 'i have four words for you... kinan*toot* ka ng kamalasan'. aptly put! hahaha. but hey, i got the answer to my question....

may mas olats pa sa panunuod ng sine mag-isa at umuwi mag-isa habang umuulan....

AT
may mas olats pa sa umuwi na lang (kahit ayaw mo pa) dahil wala ka nang magawa at mag-isa ka...

mas olats yung nasa mall ka, and you cannot do anything!

1. no money to watch a movie alone
2. no money to go home (in the rain)
3. no ATM card so you can withdraw - oo nga, sweldo na today... hindi ko naman ma-withdraw! haha.
4. no credit card to shop with

buti na lang full bar battery ng cel ko... sukdulan na ng kamalasan yun kung sakali! so i called my sister so she can meet me and pay for my fare pauwi.

in fairness, i had money naman... Php16.00 worth of coins... just enough to buy 1 japanese cake.. mind you, its the BEST one ive had so far.. appreciate ko talaga!

so there... my loser day... but i had a good laugh because of it... nice contrast to the gloom-and-doom ive been feeling lately. (lately nga lang ba?!)

ililigo ko na talaga ito... shake off the jinx. hahaha.

5 comments:

kaye said...

as for watching a movie alone, ok lang yun.. nagawa ko na yun eh. not bad at all!

pero grbe, i can't believe ur bad luck. u left your wallet sa office?? buti na lang full batt ka!! haha!

ok lang yan, happens to the best of us. at least it made you laugh. eheheh

Cathy said...

Angel, buti na lang tlga full batt cell mo! if that werent the case, fate maybe pulling your leg too hard.. hehe :)

-lilyput- said...

nyaar...sana you called me...ummm resident makati girl in the house...di sana naki-share ka sa hot choco ko sa brenner even if di ka nakanuod ng movie ;P hehehe

tsk tsk tsk...kinakalimutan kasi ako eh hehehe

Daydreamer said...

watching a movie alone is therapeutic...same as malling alone. it just shows ur highly independent. =) but yeah, rotten luck, but funny. hehe

angel said...

thank God i charge my phone everyday... haha. it saved my ass last night!

i still plan on watching a movie alone... maybe friday night. :)

LILY: hindi naman kita nakalimutan... nung hindi nako maka nuod ng movie, i just really wanted to go home na lang. hehe. see you tonight!